Get your ELDT Theory Certification with The CDL School
We offer FMCSA approved self-guided and instructor led online ELDT Theory Certification programs for future truck drivers.
If preferred, you can also perform ELDT Theory training at one of our campuses.
What is ELDT Theory?
Entry-Level Driver Training or ELDT Theory is a set of minimum standards for commercial driver education. It is a requirement enacted by the Federal Motor Carriers Association (FMCSA) that aims to standardize safety and training standards for professional truck drivers nationwide.
With ELDT in effect, future drivers must obtain ELDT training from an FMCSA certified educator.
The CDL School offers self-guided ELDT training online or in person ELDT Training through our national network of campuses.
Who needs ELDT Theory Certification?
The ELDT requirements are for all entry-level drivers. These new training rules will apply to any first-time license or endorsement. This includes:
- Your first Class A or Class B CDL
- Your upgrade from an existing Class B to a Class A CDL
- Your first endorsement, in categories including passenger (P), hazardous materials (H), or school bus (S)
How long will it take to get my ELDT Theory Certification and Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP)?
While every student is unique, most people complete ELDT theory coursework in two weeks, obtaining their Commercial Learner's Permit in about two weeks.
The CDL School offers self-guided ELDT training online or virtual instructor led ELDT Training through our national network of campuses.
Why Earn your ELDT Certification with The CDL School?
- Train online from the comfort of your home or in person at one of our locations
- Full time, Part Time and Self-guided options available
- FMCSA approved EDLT program
- If you choose to do Behind The Wheel (BTW) training at one of our campuses, the cost of ELDT will be credited toward the cost of your BTW program
What Graduates of The CDL School are Saying
The instructors were great, knowledgeable, and patient, being such an accelerated program I am confident in my understanding of the trucks and my abilities. Anthony E. (01/2022)
This school is excellent. My husband and his friend attended this school and got jobs straight after finishing. JP helped both of them, he is amazing. Nicole M. (03/2022)
I attended this school it was great classroom and OTR training. I would recommend to anyone looking to get into industry. Byron D. (06/2022)